Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Holidays!


Hello my dear students,

I wanted to wish you all a VERY happy holiday season.  Enjoy these two weeks with your families and take the time to talk to the people around you to remind yourself about how great they are. 

It will be strange not to see your faces for two weeks, or to hear about the stories of your lives.  Though I'm looking forward to this time to spend with my family, I'll be ready to see you all again on January 4th.  I'm so excited about our trip to Lake St. George!

I'll be checking the blog throughout the holidays, so if you have any questions about anything, post a comment and I'll get back to you.

HAVE FUN!!

-Ms. Lewis.

6 comments:

  1. Ms.Lewis what is median from the work?
    tommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot i hope you have have fun on your holidays Ms.Lewis


    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tommy,

    A median is the middle number in a list of numbers. Half the numbers will be worth more than the median, half the numbers will be worth less.

    For example, if my list of numbers was 36, 83, 46, 57, 37, 74, and 92, I would put them in order to find the median:

    36, 37, 46, 57, 74, 83, 92.

    My median is 57. I have 7 numbers total, and there are 3 numbers smaller than 57, and 3 numbers bigger than 57.

    Here's a link with more information:
    http://www.mathsisfun.com/definitions/median.html

    Hope that helps!

    -Ms. Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it like the number in the middle of the pattern each side has a equal amount of the the other side.

    tommy

    ReplyDelete
  5. But how do you do the part where it says median and mode?

    tommy

    ReplyDelete
  6. And the page with the stuff how much it costs and then you subtract to get the change for i cant do that.Could you barrow backwards?

    tommy

    ReplyDelete